Mobil Card Customer Acknowledgements & Privacy Act Authorisations
Please call 1300 173 435 or visit mobilcard.com.au for a full set of Terms and Conditions of Account, which govern the use of the Account and Cards. Please read this section carefully.
Except for the purpose of the declarations, the following definitions apply throughout the application form:
‘You’ or ‘your’ means the applicant or applicants named in this application.
‘Company’, ‘Us’ or ‘we’ means Mobil Oil Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 88 004 052 984)
By making this application, you:
- request and authorise us to open an Account in your name and to issue a Card or Cards for use on the Account to such Cardholders as you have requested;
- acknowledge that we may approve the Application and make an offer to you to provide an Account to you on the terms and conditions set out in the Terms and Conditions of Account (which are available within this application and agreed by you on submission) by opening an Account in your name;
- acknowledge that by signing/submitting the Application, signing a Card, or using, or attempting to use a Card (whether by you or any other person authorised by you) you will be taken as having unconditionally accepted the Terms and Conditions of Account as governing the use and operation of your Account and any and all Cards issued by us for use on the Account;
- agree to provide a copy of the Terms and Conditions of Account (as in force from time to time) to any person authorised by you from time to time to use a Card;
- represent and warrant that the information provided in this application is true, correct and complete and you authorise us to check that information;
- acknowledge that we rely on this information to consider your application;
- authorise us to bill the Account for fees (as set out in the Fee Schedule and Terms and Conditions of Account, or otherwise notified in writing or agreed by you), which are subject to variation from time to time by notice to you in writing; and authorise us to contact your bank, financial controller or accountant, trade references, contractors and landlord, and in the case of a Card co-branded with a Company affiliate, authorised third-party or customer, the relevant affiliate, authorised third-party or customer, to verify and obtain details pertaining to this application.
Privacy Act Authorisations
i. By applying for and using a Card you are or may be providing personal information to enable us to assess your application for a Card. Without this information, we may not to be able to process your application.
ii. By submitting this application you agree that, subject to the Privacy Act 1988, for the primary purpose of assessing your application and administering the Card arrangements, we may:
1. give to a credit reporting agency personal information about you contained in the application or otherwise acquired by us and which is permitted to be kept on a credit information file;
2. obtain a consumer credit report containing information about you from a credit reporting agency for the purpose of assessing your application or for the purpose of collecting overdue payments relating to commercial credit provided by us to you;
3. exchange information about you with any credit providers named in this application or named in a consumer credit report issued by a credit reporting agency to:
- assess an application for credit by you;
- notify other credit providers of a default by you;
- exchange information with other credit providers as to the status of your Account where you are in default with other credit providers; or
- assess your credit worthiness; and you understand that the information exchanged can include anything about your credit worthiness, credit standing, credit history or credit capacity that credit providers are allowed to exchange under the Privacy Act 1988;
4. produce your application or a reproduction of it as evidence of your application for the Card and of the Acknowledgements;
5. use your personal information for additional purposes including planning, product development, marketing communications, special offers and research;
6. provide you with, or arrange for a third party to provide you with, marketing information including special offers for Cardholders (if you do not wish to receive any marketing offers, please call us on 1300 173 435);
7. exchange information about you with your nominated referees or any person who has introduced you to us;
8. in the case of a Card that is co-branded or fully branded with a Company affiliate, authorised third-party or customer, disclose and exchange personal information about you and once approved, information about your use of the Card to that third party or customer
9. disclose to our related entities, authorised third parties, and service providers including but not limited to card service providers, sales and marketing service providers, bankers, electronic interface switch providers, printers, insurance companies, mail houses, solicitors, auditors, professional advisers and debt recovery agents with whom we have a contract such of the personal information as is necessary by us to enable us to manage your Account or to promote our or their products and services;
iii. We acknowledge that you may, without charge, request a copy of any personal information about you held by us by writing to us at:
Mobil Card Services GPO Box 5342 Melbourne VIC 3001
iv. You can obtain more information about how we collect, store, use and disclose personal information by accessing our Privacy Statement on our website at